How does facial acupuncture work?
The process is to insert the needles in strategic positions to
help relax the muscles of the face, the treatments will also involve
addressing the function of other key systems that have an impact on the
health of the skin. For example, the acupuncturist may also utilize the
needles to stimulate the immune system, helping to keep facial skin hydrated and flexible.
By working on the classic Chinese Medicine principle, “Where qi
goes, blood flows” , facial acupuncture works probably through following effects:
- Bring blood to the face and improve circulation
- facilitates nutrient absorbtion
- enahnce the metablism of facial cells and stimulate their regeneration
- Stimulate the lymphatic to drain away toxins
- Increase collegen production
- softens the skin
- Improve facial muscle tone to reduce lines and
In addition, by stimulating just
under the skin surface, facial acupuncture works at
a deeper level than some other techniques. Many of the
traditional Chinese meridians end or start in the face, allowing
acupuncture to not only work locally, but to simultaneously treat underlying
factors contributing to the ageing process.
- promotes normal secretion of oil and sweat glands
- promotes a natural glow or 'radiance' in the skin
There are a number of advantages associated with the use of facial acupuncture.
The procedures do not require the introduction of foreign matter that
could lead to permanent damage to the muscles or the skin. Because no
incisions are made, there is virtually no opportunity for scarring.
Last, the treatments tend to address not only the face directly, but
also the enhanced function of the heart, lungs, immune system, and
other organs and systems in the body that play a role in keeping skin
healthy and toned. This is a benefit not found with any other types of
anti wrinkle treatments.
||What can facial acupuncture do?
Facial acupuncture can be helpful for following problems:
- forehead furrows
- frown lines
- deep laughter lines
- sagging skin
- drooping jaw line
- sagging muscles
- crows feet
- drooping eye lids
- eye puffiness or bags
- dark circles under the eyes
- dark/age spots
- facial skin rejuvenation
- oily, dry, dull skin complexion
- redness or blotchy skin tone
- facial acne, eczema, rocaccia
What have researches found?
A recent report in the International Journal of Clinical
Acupuncture researched the effects of Facial Acupuncture on 300 cases.
Of these cases 90% had marked effects over one course of treatment,
including: improvement of the elasticity of facial muscles; levelling
of wrinkles; and overall rejuvenation. The effects include:
- The skin becomes delicate
- Improvement of elasticity of facial muscles
- Ruddier complexion
- Overall rejuvenation and freshness
Another research has shown that acupuncture stimulates the flow of blood and
energy through the skin in the face, thereby hydrating, boosting the
skin's supply of nutrients and oxygen, and thus reducing the signs of